Last Updated on October 11, 2023 by Rachel Leone
Privacy concerns? Branded webcam covers are a hot promotional item.
In 2016 Mark Zuckerberg posted a photo to Instagram and keen-eyed viewers noticed that Mark placed a piece of tape over his webcam. Later that year, former FBI director James Comey admitted to putting tape over his webcam at a security conference.
Now I don't have any proof that the increase in popularity of webcam covers is directly related to those two events, but I can tell you that these items have become VERY popular.
Do you know?
Who are branded webcam covers good for?
- Employees working from home using conferencing apps like ZOOM and Skype.
- Financial institutions, IT companies, security companies, and any business that's concerned with privacy.
- Anybody with a webcam. Many webcam covers work not only with laptops, but tablets too.
Why are branded webcam covers so popular?
- You'd think we'd hear more about cases of people being spied on if this was really a huge concern, but like the two stories above, there seems to be enough buzz and security fears that people aren't willing to take the risk.
- Webcam covers are easy to ship, making them ideal for "Lumpy Mail" campaigns.
- Because they're affordable, small, and lightweight, webcam covers can be easily transported to and from events making them a great giveaway at conferences and expos.
- They're kinda techy, and people love techy giveaways.
Why not just use a piece of tape?
- Let's be honest, using tape looks dumpy! Come on Zuck, you've got billions. How about ordering 30k for your employees 🙂
And like most of the products you'll find online, there are thousands of options. To make this easy for you, here are my 4 favorites:
Want to keep it simple? Here's my most affordable custom webcam cover. Choose from 10 colors, add your logo, and you've got a great giveaway for your next conference or tradeshow.
Min. Quantity 250, ≤ $1.25 ea.
Want to customize the packaging with your brand message? Here's a clever solution. Packaging options include postcards, business cards, or bulk first-class mailers.
Min. Quantity 50, ≤ $3.20 ea.