Last Updated on August 6, 2021 by Rachel Leone
Tired of the same old conference t-shirts? Looking for the best conference swag and promotional products your attendees will love?
If you've ever organized a conference, you know much time goes into planning and running a successful event. You literally have thousands of details to figure out, and let's be honest, choosing an awesome conference giveaway falls very low on your priority list.
With little time to spend brainstorming alternatives, t-shirts have sort of become the defacto giveaway for many conferences. If you attend one conference a year, t-shirts can be nice, but what if you attend a couple of conferences over a few years? Eventually, you and everyone else in that boat ends up with a drawer stuffed full of t-shirts.
I have 13 alternatives to conference t-shirts that I think your attendees will love!
Not convinced? Need ammo to persuade a committee? Here are a few reasons to consider ditching the conference t-shirt.
- Potentially cheaper. Who doesn't want to save money? If you're tight on funds, some of these promotional items can actually cost less than t-shirts, making you the hero at budget time.
- Useful. Unless your attendees are going weeks without washing clothes, they don't need dozens of t-shirts. Many of these alternatives are actually useful and might be something they don't already own.
- Memorable/unique. If you want to be remembered in a positive way post-event, choosing something unique or different is a good way to stand out from your competition.
- Portable. If you've ever transported large quantities of t-shirts, you know they're heavy and bulky and can require special vehicles to deliver. Many of these alternatives are smaller, lighter, and generally easier to move around and distribute.
- One size fits most. Another pain with conference t-shirts is sizes and genders. Unless you're asking attendees during registration, then ordering the perfect quantities, then distributing the exact size to each person, you're stuck with guessing. Guessing leads to over-ordering and buying too many of one size and not enough of another and you're stuck with a pile of extras in sizes nobody wants. If you've been down this road, you know the pain, and that's why I love one-size-fits-most promotions.
Need help placing your order?
Contact me to work one-on-one!